Position Title: Accountant I, II, or III
Company: City Of Cochise
Location: Bisbee, AZ
Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepares financial reports by performing the following duties: compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting transactions; analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet and other reports to summarize current and projected financial position; may audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions; assists in departmental budget process; may assist with County budget process. May supervise lower level financial positions
- principles, practices, theories and procedures of accounting;
- financial record keeping and reporting procedures;
- automated accounting systems and applicable software applications;
- principles and practices of fund accounting;
- modern office practices and procedures;
- the principles and practices of management and supervision.
- public sector budgetary and accounting principles and practices.
- performing difficult mathematical computations;
- using computerized budget/financial tracking and reporting programs.
- analyze financial records and recommend corrective action;
- solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists;
- interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form;
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the public;
- read, write and speak English;
- communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a closely related field
- five (5) years experience as a accountant
- one (1) year experience utilizing computerized budget/financial tracking and reporting programs
- two (2) years of government fund accounting preferred
- an equivalent combination of the previously stated education and general accounting experience (computerized budget/financial experience cannot be substituted) which training which provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities of this classification
- must possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license if position duties require.
- Must be willing and able to work towards the Certified Public Finance Officer certification.