Position Title: Animal Control Officer
Company: City Of Cochise
Location: Countywide, AZ
Under limited supervision performs work of moderate difficulty enforcing laws and ordinances concerning animal and rabies control; performs other work as assigned.
- respond appropriately to emergency situations;
- lift 50 pounds.;
- interpret and apply animal control regulations;
- read street guides and maps;
- establish and maintain effective working relationship with employees, other agencies, and the public;
- follow written and verbal instruction;
- read, write and speak English;
- communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Captures and impounds diseased animals in accordance with state and local laws
- investigates animal related complaints;
- patrols assigned area to ensure public compliance with ordinances
- issues citations
- prepares reports in a timely manner, and files complaints
- testifies in court;
- performs health checks of quarantined animals
- picks up and disposes of dead animals
- performs euthanasia of animals; participates in setting up and conducting vaccination clinics; works with other agencies.
- One (1) year of experience in animal handling
- perform euthanasia of animals according to Cochise County Sheriff’s Office standards or learn within six (6) months from date of hire
- must possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and the ability to be covered by county insurance