Position Title: Assessor Technician
Company: City Of Cochise
Location: Bisbee, AZ
Under close supervision, performs office and clerical work of moderate difficulty related to property appraisal, deed transfers and assessor property records; performs related work as assigned.
- accurately transfer information from field notes;
- draw assessment parcels to scale;
- understand legal documents related to transfer and ownership of property;
- read and understand Assessor’s maps;
- perform clerical tasks with speed, accuracy and understanding;
- make accurate mathematical computations;
- maintain records and prepare reports;
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the public;
- follow written and verbal instructions;
- read, write and speak English;
- communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Two (2) years general clerical experience
- an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities of this classification
- must successfully complete an “Introduction to Property Tax” course within twelve (12) months of employment
- must possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license.