Position Title: Defense Support Specialist
Company: City Of Cochise
Location: Bisbee, AZ
Under general supervision of the Indigent Defense Coordinator, performs work of moderate difficulty in processing court appointed case assignments; creates and maintains statistical reports; performs related duties and clerical support tasks as assigned. Candidate must possess strong computer and analytical skills.
- Assigns cases to attorneys
- coordinates with various courts to manage case assignment referrals, and reviews and verifies documentation.
- Researches automated systems to gather or verify data needed for processing activities.
- Maintains specialized databases, inputs and retrieves data, compiles statistical data and produces various statistical reports.
- May process invoices and accounting documentation such as purchase orders, claims and fund transfers.
- Assists with the Superior Court attorney fee assessment program, which includes supervising defendants in the completion of financial forms and calculating the amount of the attorney fee assessment.
- Responds to public inquiries and provides information or resolves problems which require explanation of program policies or refers questions to appropriate staff.
- Ensures that IDC procedures are carried out and appropriate areas of concern are brought to the attention of the Indigent Defense Coordinator.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- An Associate’s Degree in business, public administration, public relations, statistics, or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the US Department of Education
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible administrative or legal experience
- Must possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and the ability to be covered by county insurance.