Position Title: Senior Systems Development Engineer
Location: Leicester, UK
The Creative Compute and Storage team designs, develops, and builds our purposefully created infrastructure platforms. You will work with internal engineering teams, technical creatives, production teams, and external vendors worldwide to deliver amazing technology experiences for our creative users. We are looking for an experienced engineer who brings a broad set of technical skills and achievements, a development and automation-focused mindset to solving problems, and unique career and life experiences to join our teams as we evolve entertainment worldwide.
- Work with a broad group of engineering teams, internal and external partners, and creative teams to design, develop, implement and support a wide collection of technology solutions for content creation at Netflix.
- Develop, deploy, and test API integrations with internal and external platforms and services.
- Develop API integrations to automate, scale, and observe our infrastructure.
- Design and build services to improve experiences and productivity for a broad range of content creative populations (e.g., post-production, animation, visual effects, etc.).
- Improve availability, reliability, and observability of Netflix services and reduce the burden of human toil with tooling and automation.
- Work in a uniquely challenging global infrastructure space with challenges far larger than almost any other studio in the world.
- Ensure that technical documentation, diagrams, and templates are accurate, relevant, and up-to-date.
- Be empowered to build and develop new solutions to long-standing entertainment industry challenges.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in building and developing compute, storage, and connectivity services to deliver product experiences for end-users.
- You can dissect large complex systems into sub-components, understanding each component’s additive value to the overall solution and optimizing them both individually and collectively.
- You can write reliable and understandable code in Python or other languages.
- You have a deep technical understanding of large-scale computing infrastructure; operating systems; high-performance storage file, block, and object storage technologies; scaled networking challenges; or any of the above.
- You enjoy and can effectively work collaboratively with business and product teams to develop product plans and roadmaps and own parts of those plans’ hands-on implementation.
- You have experience working with cloud platforms like AWS and microservices architecture.
- You thrive in identifying high-leverage, high-value work and direct your attention to those opportunities without explicit direction.
- You thrive in learning new things, work in new spaces, and share this passion with those around you.
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 222 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, feature films and mobile games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.