This is an exciting and challenging position with an opportunity to develop as the studio grows. The role requires someone who enjoys physical labour as well as data management and can work autonomously. They are a proactive, positive thinker, who is able to exercise good judgment with strong written and verbal communication. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, passionate, self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on organization and space management.
- This candidate will advance compliance with privacy/data protection and security laws in an innovative, risk-based manner that allows our business to grow and expand, drawing on knowledge and experience with specific government/industry requirements and best practices.
- This position will support engagement with data protection authorities and policymakers to respond to inquiries from regulators and will partner internally to shape issues important to Netflix and our subscribers.
- The position will also support investigations, breach notification, incident management and adapt compliance practices proactively.
- Significant experience with online and mobile privacy, digital advertising, cloud computing and analytics, and information security will also be essential. In addition, the candidate will have experience building strong partnerships and educating about complex regulatory schemes across legal, compliance, technical infrastructure, product management, sales and marketing, and internal audit.
- Qualified Lawyer, the preferred candidate has both law firm and in-house experience
- Strong substantive knowledge of EEA/UK privacy and security laws [specifically] the GDPR as well as a working knowledge of international privacy and data protection laws
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical advice to clients
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues, particularly in a fast-paced corporate setting
- Strong collaborative leadership skills
- Language skills: English required, Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish and/or German a plus
- A sense of humour
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 209 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen.