Position Title: Associate
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Content Strategy & Analysis is the team in charge of the valuation and analytical strategy behind our content buying and original content decisions for Korean-language film and TV series. The team works cross-functionally to translate the incredible amount of data at Netflix into financial decisions regarding the production and acquisition of shows and films. Content Strategy & Analysis also evaluates the general programming and content strategy, in addition to leading competitive analysis. We partner closely with the senior leadership of Netflix who depend heavily on the strategic insights we provide to inform critical business decisions across the company.
- Lead deal analysis and valuation of new projects (i.e., greenlight models) and guide key title decisions along the value chain
- Conduct ongoing analysis on business drivers, trends, and performance indicators and build insights on title performance and user viewing behavior
- Develop a deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities by conducting market research and tracking implications on us
- Regularly present analyses and reports on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders
- Working cross-functionally with other CS&A teams globally as well as Product, Marketing, Consumer Insights, and Data Science team.
- 2-4+ years of experience in a management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, hedge fund, and/or media/entertainment/tech company in a strategy/business development/analytical role.
- Highly analytical and be a strong, effective problem solver and communicator.
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving and utilizing financial modeling and analysis (including strong Excel skills). Adept at writing, facilitating, and presenting analyses. Familiarity with statistical concepts and analyses is a plus
- Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analyses to executives/senior management clearly and concisely
- Exceptional proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint required; working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages preferred
- He or she must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
- He or she would be prepared to regularly “roll up their sleeves” to perform more routine tasks on the same day that they are asked to prepare an analysis and a presentation to the executives of the company
- Self-motivated, disciplined, and be able to work effectively autonomously
- Passion for entertainment, especially Korean content strongly preferred
- Prior media experience is a plus though not required
- Genuine passion and excitement for Netflix’s unique culture (culture memo)
- Fluency in Korean and English
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 222 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, feature films and mobile games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.