Position Title: Public Health Nurse
Company: City Of Cochise
Location: Douglas, AZ
Performs Public Health nursing work in a specific population-focused geographical area. The focus of this classification is the practice of promoting and protecting the health of client populations using knowledge from nursing, social and public health disciplines. This classification is distinguished from other Patient Care Services and nursing classifications by its primary focus on the prevention of illness and the promotion and maintenance of health of client populations.
- Needs of individuals, families or communities;
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality of all information encountered in performance of duties;
- Instructs individuals, families and community groups in health education and disease prevention; participates in documentation and reporting of grant deliverables for grant funded program; administers medications and immunizations, following physician’s instructions;
- Participates in community education and individual patient/client education;
- Participates in the provision of public health and related medical services at neighborhood, mobile and out-
- Reach clinics; plans for and participates in field research related to public health nursing.
- Must possess and maintain an unrestricted license in good standing as a Registered Nurse (RN) issued by the Arizona State Board of Nursing
- One (1) year of experience performing direct patient care and/or community health nursing as an LPN or RN in a clinical, public health, home health or hospice nursing position
- Must possess current CPR certification or obtain prior to beginning employment
- Must possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and the ability to be covered by county insurance.