Position Title:Head of Cyber Security & Risk
Company:The Scottish Government
Location:Milton Keynes, UK
Around 1,300 people work within ARE, and we are about to embark on the biggest transformation in our history. We have a mission to not only sustain the rural economy, but drive better land use, and ensure that food production, quality and availability is maintained. EU Common Agriculture Policy (CAP) payments are ending and ARE is responsible for administering new rural support schemes in a just transition over the next 3-4 years. A critical part of this will be the use of digital tools to drive new incentives, funding options and behaviours amongst our agriculture customer and land managers.This focus on digital transformation will increasingly see the use of cutting-edge tools such as satellite and geospatial technology, IOT and 5G, and new customer facing digital services and platforms that put data at the heart of our digital services. We will be reducing our reliance on proprietary technology, reducing technical debt, favouring open source where appropriate and leveraging the benefits of public cloud offerings.
- Fully analyse our existing cyber framework and the needs of the organisation, ensuring adherence to established and relevant security frameworks and standards.
- Act as the key point of contact to a wide range of internal and external stakeholder including NCSC, iTECS, other UK paying agencies for all cyber security related matters.
- Challenge the team and wider stakeholders at all levels, as a role model, champion and thought leader.
- Design a new target operating model and assess skills and capability gaps within the team and wider security organisation.
- Establish new incident and event management processes.
- Establish a market leading security operations centre (SOC).
- Set the vision and agenda, driving the team to objectives that will deliver a higher standard of performance and delivery.
- Work proactively across the business to engage and advise as part of a new cyber
- Implement the first iteration of tooling and new AWS cloud services with key vendors.
- Act as key point of contact for all cyber matters on behalf of ARE and network proactively across Scottish Government and wider public sector colleagues.
- Curiosity and inquisitiveness
- Passionate about technology and the role it plays in transforming business and society
- Positive approach to learning, to keep up to date with your area of expertise
- Strong desire to build a career and develop in a Procurement role
About The Scottish Government
The devolved government for Scotland is responsible for most of the issues of day-to-day concern to the people of Scotland, including health, education, justice, rural affairs, and transport.