Position Title:Lead Security Architect
Company:The Scottish Government
Around 1,300 people work within ARE, and we are about to embark on the biggest transformation in our history. We have a mission to not only sustain the rural economy, but drive better land use, and ensure that food production, quality and availability is maintained. EU Common Agriculture Policy (CAP) payments are ending and ARE is responsible for administering new rural support schemes in a just transition over the next 3-4 years. A critical part of this will be the use of digital tools to drive new incentives, funding options and behaviours amongst our agriculture customer and land managers.This focus on digital transformation will increasingly see the use of cutting-edge tools such as satellite and geospatial technology, IOT and 5G, and new customer facing digital services and platforms that put data at the heart of our digital services. We will be reducing our reliance on proprietary technology, reducing technical debt, favouring open source where appropriate and leveraging the benefits of public cloud offerings.
- Undertake a deep technical review of our large and complex estate to highlight areas of risk.
- Analyse, enhance, and modernise our existing security policies.
- Work collaboratively with the cyber team to identify joint working and knowledge sharing opportunities.
- Work closely with the head of Cyber and Risk to architect the technical elements of solutions for ARE.
- Identify training needs within the existing team and act as a thought leader to enhance capability.
- Review existing security policies and standards and produce a new and highly forward-thinking framework.
- Support the development of a DevSecOps culture across ARE.
- Be the interface between the architecture office and head of cyber security and risk, acting as a technical expert to dictate policies, patterns, and standards.
- Identify opportunities for modernising legacy technology and recommend new innovative technology solutions.
- Sit in on our Architecture Review Board as a domain expert to ensure new designs are conformant and fit for purpose.
- Curiosity and inquisitiveness
- Passionate about technology and the role it plays in transforming business and society
- Positive approach to learning, to keep up to date with your area of expertise
- Strong desire to build a career and develop in a Procurement role
About The Scottish Government
The devolved government for Scotland is responsible for most of the issues of day-to-day concern to the people of Scotland, including health, education, justice, rural affairs, and transport.