Position Title: Temporary Solid Waste Worker
Company: City Of Cochise
Location: Whetstone, AZ
Under general supervision, performs work of routine difficulty in the operation and maintenance of a solid waste collection station and recycling facility; performs related work as required or assigned.
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of a public solid waste collection and recycling facility
- Operates and maintains equipment
- Operates small front end loader; supervises assists in the dumping of permitted refuse
- Ensures refuse meets standards for disposal at the site
- Screens loads for hazardous materials
- Removes recyclable material, processes and bales that material
- Determines appropriate charges to be levied and receives fees
- maintains log of loads dumped, vehicle descriptions, account transactions, and receipts issued; prepares records and reports
- maintains daily user count; subject to on-call, outside of normal work schedule.
- One (1) year of experience operating small equipment (example: skid steer loaders) at a transfer station, landfill, construction or a related area
- preference of six (6) months of customer service experience or simple bookkeeping experience
- equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the desired knowledge, skills and abilities of this classification; must possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license.